Blogging for Business by Joanne Dewberry
I was delighted to have been asked to review Joanne’s new booklet – Blogging For Business. As an avid blogger myself, both on www.workformums.co.uk and www.suzannahscards.co.uk, I know how effective blogging for business can be, but am also mindful of the fact it can be very overwhelming when you first start your blogging journey – how do you set up a blog, what do you write about and how do you keep it all going?
The booklet itself has 24 pages and is A5 size. There are 12 titles which include subjects such as ‘SEO Tips’, ‘Making Money’ and ‘How to promote your guest blog posts’. The colour scheme is red, purple and green which fits in with the theme of Joanne’s website so I thought that was a nice touch (great for brand awareness too).
I like the fact it explains the platforms that you can use to set up a blog as quite often this can be the hardest place to start. The booklet takes your through the processes of why to blog, writing posts and promoting your blogs in in a cohesive and fluent way. It is a guide book so don’t expect it to go into any depth about the technicalities i.e. WordPress set up and use.
- Great writing style – Joanne is easy to relate too
- Colourful and engaging
- Covers the all important SEO and social media promotion
- Real life examples of people who blog and why they do so
- I would have preferred the main titles to be in the same font and size/colour for consistency
- Lots of adverts which I found a bit distracting (some are relevant to website design/hosting and blogging so may be useful)
All in all this is a really useful booklet and would suit not only those who are just starting to think about blogging, but also those who have been blogging for a while and need a boost or to re-focus on their blogging – I will definitely use it myself when I feel I am losing my blogging mojo!
Blogging For Business costs £5 (including postage) and can be bought on www.joannedewberry.co.uk
Exclusive Offer! Work For Mums readers can buy Blogging For Business for just £3.50!
Please purchase using this special link: www.paypal.com
- To enter the free competition enter your name and address at the following link http://app.getresponse.com/survey.html?survey_id=11382
- To complete your entry you need to opt in to Work For Mums mailing list – we promise not to spam you or pass your email address to third parties
- Start date of the competition is Friday 15th June 2012
- Closing date is Tuesday 3rd July 2012
- The winner will be notified by email and will be announced on Work For Mums website on Wednesday 4th July 2012
- The guide will be sent in the post to the winner
- There is no cash alternative
- One entry per email address
- This competition is open to UK residents aged 18 and over
- The prize is 1 copy of the Blogging For Business booklet written by Joanne Dewberry
- Internet access is required to enter
- All members of Work For Mums mailing list will be numbered and the winner will be decided by using Random Number Generator: http://www.random.org
- The promoter of this competition is Work For Mums, Office 13, 3-4 Vaughan Parade, Torquay, Devon TQ2 6JJ