Project Development Officer
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly-motivated, confident individual to join the team at Trees for Cities and play a vital role in our highly-acclaimed Edible Playgrounds programme.
We seek a pro-active, energetic and organised Project Development Officer to engage primary school Head Teachers to develop Edible Playground projects in London, to develop new partnerships, and to support income-generation for the programme through grants fundraising.
This is a permanent full-time or part-time position based in Kennington, London SE11.
The sort of person we’re looking for.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator with ability to ‘sell’ Edible Playgrounds;
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines through effective time-management;
- Well organised and proven administrative skills, including the ability to manage challenging workload effectively;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to build good working relationships internally and externally;
- Ability to plan and systematically research potential new projects and partnerships;
- Interest in the environmental and food sector and an enthusiasm for our cause;
- High level of IT literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CRMs);
- Experience of working with schools and/or grants fundraising (desirable).
Trees for Cities is an independent charity that works with local people to transform urban spaces in cities across the UK and overseas. We work with local communities and partners to plant trees and green cities through urban woodland and neighbourhood tree projects, and to create Edible Playgrounds in schools.
To apply go to http://treesforcities.org/projects/project-development-officer/ to view full job description on our website. Download and complete the application form and submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Project Development Officer’.
Deadline for applications is 9am Monday 27th November with interviews expected week commencing 4th December.