Mums On Three: Elaine Smith
Elaine Smith, Independent Stamin’ Up Demonstrator shares her business tips with WFM this week…
What are your three tips for starting a business?
- Be enthusiastic about the products you are selling – enthusiasm is infectious and helps sales.
- Know your audience – knowing who your customer is and what they need.
- Be focused and have an end goal.
What are your three tips for running a business around a family?
- Set aside work time that fits in with your family – This may be while children are in school or once they are in bed. Accept childcare help wherever you can – Free is always good.
- Include children in some of the tasks if they are interested – Children love doing what you’re doing.
- Always make time for your family – You are working from home to be able to spend time with them too.
What are your three tips for business social networking?
- Use Social Networking sites accordingly – Are your customers going to be other business or general public?
- Post or update regularly.
- Link your blogs, websites with your social network sites.