Mums On Three: Hailey Watson
This weeks business tips are from Hailey Watson who is an AVON cosmetics sales leader and busy mum to three children.
What are your three tips for starting a business?
- Treat everyone of your contacts, staff, customers and team members as individuals. Think ‘What can I do for them’ rather than ‘what they can do for you.’
- PLAN PLAN PLAN. Never start the day without writing it down the night before!
- Set goals and target dates to complete tasks, never just run blind as you will not get anything done.
What are your three tips for running a business around a family?
- Time management. Make sure you have separate family time when the computer and phone are off!
- Get the kids involved! Teaches them to work for a living, gives them skills for life and a sense of achievement.
- Take time out for YOU! When the kids are in bed, turn off the computer, phone one evening a week and have a nice bubble bath and glass wine.
What are your three tips for business social networking?
- Don’t keep pushing your business onto people, they will get fed up and it will have the opposite effect. Create useful, interesting and relevant content that will earn you respect from your followers.
- Support and actually take an active interest in other business start ups.
- Don’t just stick to one social network site, use as many as you can and interact with as many like minded people as you can. Don’t just think of social networking as a way to gain business, use it as a library, learn from people.