Mums On Three: Jo Shaw
Mums On Three this week features Jo Shaw from Just Bake
What are your three tips for starting a business?
1. Do your research properly before you commit to launching the business – research the market, understand who your competitors are, decide what your USP is and finally, ensure that the business stacks up financially.
2. Take one step at the time. At times, it feels as though there is too much to do and learn. Try to take one step at a time and soon you’ll find that you’ve achieved so much more than you initially thought possible.
3. Enjoy it! Starting your own business is extremely rewarding – take the time to remember this.
What are your three tips for running a business around a family?
1. Give yourself set times of the day when you will work on the business and also those when you will spend time with the family.
2. Use your time wisely e.g. once the children are in bed can be a good time to catch up on marketing on social media.
3. Listen to everyone around you – you can great advice in the most surprising situations!
What are your three tips for business social networking?
1. Use Facebook to interact with your customers in ‘real time’. Facebook is great for gaining immediate feedback from your customers.
2. Twitter is great for interacting too – you may find that you are interacting with a different group/type of customer on this platform.
3. Treat every situation as an opportunity to promote your business – don’t miss a chance!