Mums On Three: Katie Wilson
For our Mums On Three feature this week we have some great business tips from Katie Wilson at Exceptional Marketing.
What are your three tips for starting a business?
- Get a Business and Marketing Plan – This is essential, have a plan that you are working towards and stick to it, have activities that you complete each week that way you will fel you are getting somewhere.
- Stick and what you are good at and get people around you to do what they are good at.
- Focus, drive, determination with hardwork will get you to your goals – NEVER GIVE UP
What are your three tips for running a business around a family?
- Diary and Time Management – Get organised, you will be able to fit more into a day if you get organised.
- Support Network – Essential for busy Mumpreneur, these are people that will pick you up when you are down, be your greatest supporters and harshest critics, as well acting as a Taxi service when the kids need picking up – These people are the ones that make your success possible.
- Plan in rest time and quality time with your children – your family and business will not work without you so get some rest, keep healthy
What are your three tips for business social networking?
- Do it daily – essential for you to be seen and followed or like.
- Consistent branding – Make sure your twitter/facebook/website etc all are branded consistently so they reflect each other so customers and prospective customers know where they are at.
- Make it timely, relevant and interesting to your audience.