Mums On Three: Lizzie Spicer
Mums On Three this week features Lizzie Spicer, Avon Sales Leader
What are your three tips for starting a business?
1. Make sure the business you start is one you actually enjoy being in. There is no point trying to sell cleaning products when your heart is in make-up and fashion
2. Set clear and attainable goals. How will you know if you’ve succeeded if you don’t?
3. Do your research. Talk to other successful people involved in the same business (not just those who would benefit from your participation) and find out what’s REALLY involved.
What are your three tips for running a business around a family?
1. Make time! Even if it’s only 30 minutes a day, make sure you have some “work time”.
2. Mums usually have many, many contacts through school, clubs etc. Use those contacts!
3. Adopt the Dory (Finding Nemo) approach. “Just Keep Swimming”.
What are your three tips for business social networking?
1. Do it! Whether in networking groups or online, this is the quickest and best way to make contacts and get your message out there.
2. Use Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter as marketing rather than sales tools. Post informative items relating to your business and interact with your viewers. Ask questions, run competitions and invite feedback.
3. Check the pages and tweets of others in your business and try to emulate (not copy) those that appeal to you.