Mums On Three: Louise Turley
Louise from Tiny Feet Designs gives us her brilliant business tips this week:
What are your three tips for starting a business?
- Know your product and don’t be afraid to alter it to suit demand….know your market…..and talk to them..mums are great for this.
- Know and target your demographic….once again, new mums networking are great, so many talents. These were things I kept focusing on whilst setting up tiny feet designs….but have learnt that with my business offering different key products, I had to ensure I targeted my markets in different ways for different areas.
- I learnt to not be afraid to alter my product to sell what sells and not be stubborn to keep what I liked!
What are your three tips for running a business around a family?
- Flexibility is key! I have managed to keep my business web and email based…thus i can pick up emails on the go..and not get those situations where I get calls from clients with kids shouting in the background.
- Ensuring quality family time when i am with them and ensuring work time when i am not and trying not to mix the two.
- Having a support network, family and friends and childcare for those days in the holidays that you know you need to work!
What are your three tips for business social networking?
- Keeping up to date with changes
- Using a blog on your website- (just currently revamping my website and adding one)…ensuring you are updating your site constantly.
- Keep updating and adding to your social networks…..it all counts ..Learn about Twitter and Facebook..don’t be afraid of them. There is a huge variety of work at home mum networks and these are great for help and to spread the word. Get familiar with them and check in with them….I find other mums are a great source of advertising and assistance.