Using Tags and Keywords in Your Job Ad
Tags and Keywords are words and phrases that are used by search engines such as Google and Bing to index content on the Internet.
By adding relevant tags and keywords to your online job advertisement on Work For Mums, you will improve your chance of appearing on Google search results. This means that you will be higher up on the search results than someone who hasn’t added tags and keywords.
An example of how to use tags and keywords
This is the job text for an Office Administrator.
Job Title: Office Administrator
An Office administrator required for a growing recruitment business.
We are a young and dynamic Recruitment consultancy based in South West London.
We are seeking a Office Administrator with a polished, personable and positive ‘can do’ attitude to work whom is capable of operating in our ever changing environment.
The position of Office Administrator reports to the Managing Director with the following primary functions:
Administration element – you will be responsible for answering calls, maintaining filing systems, varied ad hoc admin support, meeting and greeting clients/guests in a highly professional manner.
PA element – on a daily basis you will be responsible for ensuring the upkeep of the Managing directors diary and assist in ensuring these responsibilities are met.
Office Administrator Candidates must have:
- A strong work ethic with a friendly and professional attitude
- Proficient IT skills – MS Office
- Good communications skills
- Strong organisational skills
- An analytical mind
- A good eye for detail
Now put yourself in the position of an internet searcher – What would you type into Google if you were looking for an Office Administrator job?
Here are a few suggestions for tags for the above job advertisement:
- Office administrator jobs
- Office jobs in South West London
- Full time office work London
- Admin jobs in London
- Admin jobs with your company name]
- Careers with [your company name]
- Working for [your company name]
Don’t be afraid to use more then one word. Adding the tag word ‘admin’ on its own is not going to do you any favours, instead add a short sentence as above to make the most of tagging.
When entering tags on your job ad, separate words and phrases by a comma, i,e.
admin jobs london, office jobs london, working for [your company name], jobs in london admin
Tips for Tagging on Your Job Advertisement
- Don’t add too many tags, between 5 and 10 tags is optimum
- Make sure they are relevant to your content
- Target your tags. Think about what people will type into search engines and try to work around targeted keywords and phrases
- Use proper names and spellings
If you aren’t sure what tags you need to include with your job advertisement, please get in touch – we are here to help!