What to Wear for a Job Interview
A job interview is the first chance you get to make an impression on your future employer.
Therefore, it is important to make every effort to present yourself in the best light. This includes arriving on time, having a great CV in hand, answering questions honestly and thoughtfully, but most importantly looking your best. Different jobs require different images, but most business jobs require you to look presentable and professional for your job interview.
Both women and men should approach their interview attire for their job interviews with simplicity and professionalism. Jobs should be sought after with diligence and attire that makes you appealing to your future employer.
Job Interview Clothing – Tips For Women
- A trouser suit in one solid color
- A blouse that is not too revealing
- Shoes that coordinate with the outfit – choose comfortable court shoes rather than open toed sandals and strappy shoes
- Subtle jewelry that is not too over the top – think simple
- Long dresses that are flattering, but not too revealing
- Light make-up that accentuates your natural beauty
- Keep skirts knee length
Job Interview Clothing – Tips For Men
- A business suit that is properly fitted and of one solid color, preferably blue or black
- A long sleeve button down shirt
- A tie that co-ordinates and complements the colour of your suit
- Socks that match your suit
- Smart shoes in a dark colour – don’t forget to polish them
Interview Clothes To Avoid
- Short dresses that show too much skin
- Tops that show cleavage- Leave some things to the imagination
- High heels that are not fit for the workplace
- See through tops
- Jeans or tennis shoes
- Polo shirts are not dressy enough
You want to stand out during your interview due to your CV and what you say, not because you are wearing inappropriate attire. If you follow these tips you have a high probability of making a great first impression during your interview.